Vancouver Island University
|School:||Vancouver Island University
|Faculty:||Trades and Applied Technology
|Field of Study:||Culinary Arts/Chef Training
|Description:||Calling all foodies who dream of running a kitchen or opening a restaurant. VIU's Culinary Management Diploma will train you in advanced culinary and pastry techniques, as well as important management, accounting and beverage skills. Learn what it takes to launch a culinary career, with work opportunities close to home and around the world.
This Culinary Management Diploma program includes a paid co-operative education component that allows students to network and build industry contacts. At the end of the Culinary Management program, students can write the inter-provincial Red Seal exam.
Graduates also receive advanced credit when applying to the VIU Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree.
|URL:||Culinary Management at Vancouver Island University
|Cost per year:*||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.