The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
Food and Nutritional Sciences
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||Faculty of Land and Food Systems
|Field of Study:||Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General
|Description:||Food and Nutritional Sciences is a competitive double major, combining the core degree requirements of the Food Science and Nutritional Sciences programs. You’ll discover the chemistry and microbiology of food, its nutritional and sensory properties, and the function of nutrients in health and disease, and graduate ready for a career in the food and nutrition industries or graduate-level study in health sciences.
UBC’s Food and Nutritional Sciences degree has the added distinction of being approved by the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT): the internationally respected governing body that sets the standards in Food Science education. By choosing this double major, you’ll be eligible to apply for Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology (CIFST) scholarships and other food science-specific student funding. You’ll also have access to the IFT Student Association events and opportunities to collaborate with other students across North America.
|URL:||Food and Nutritional Sciences at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
More information on tuition fees can be found on the UBC undergrad tuition fees webpage.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Grade11 Physics
- Graduation from high school
- Minimum of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or their equivalents)
- At least six academic/non-academic Grade 12 courses (recommended, but not required)
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 65] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.