The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Environmental Science
|Description:||Environmental Sciences concentrates on understanding the major environmental issues facing human societies and it adopts an integrative cross-disciplinary approach to the study of these issues. This program provides a significant background in physical sciences, earth and ocean sciences, and life sciences.
Environmental Sciences is the application of scientific knowledge from many disciplines to issues relating to the sustainability of resource use, the increase in human population, the degradation of the environment caused by pollution and disturbance, the endangerment and extinction of species and natural systems.
|URL:||Environmental Sciences at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
More information on tuition fees can be found on the UBC undergrad tuition fees webpage.
|Careers:||Environmental Impact Analysts||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||68
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Graduation from high school
- Minimum of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or their equivalents)
- At least six academic/non-academic Grade 12 courses (recommended, but not required)
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 65] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.