The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
Kinesiology: Social and Behavioural Sciences
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||School of Kinesiology
|Field of Study:||Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
|Description:||Prepare for leadership and instructional careers in a variety of physical activity and sport settings in both public and private agencies. You'll cover topics such as adapted physical education, research methods in kinesiology, exercise prescription, and more.
The Social and Behavioural Sciences stream is an accredited program certified by the Canadian Colleges and Universities Physical Education and Kinesiologists Association (CCUPEKA). It also fulfils the UBC Faculty of Education’s admission requirements if you wish to pursue a school-based teaching career in physical education after completing your Bachelor of Kinesiology degree.
|URL:||Kinesiology: Social and Behavioural Sciences at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
More information on tuition fees can be found on the UBC undergrad tuition fees webpage.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Mathematics
- Graduation from high school
- Minimum of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or their equivalents)
- At least six academic/non-academic Grade 12 courses (recommended, but not required)
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 65] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.