Algonquin College - Pembroke Campus
Geographic Information Systems
|School:||Algonquin College - Pembroke Campus
|Faculty:||Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley (Pembroke Campus)
|Field of Study:||Cartography
|Description:||The one-year Geographic Information Systems Ontario College Graduate Certificate program provides you with knowledge and skills relating to geographic and cartographic science, with a focal point on information systems technology.
A key part of this program is the independent project that you begin in your first semester and complete throughout your studies. You identify an area of interest, develop a project proposal, and then implement and complete your project, all in collaboration with an industry or government sponsor.
|URL:||Geographic Information Systems at Algonquin College - Pembroke Campus
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in a related field, or equivalent with departmental approval.
- Applicants may be required to complete the Assessment for Advanced Programs (ELAAP-IT) administered by the Test Centre for which a fee of $50 (subject to change).
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.