International Students Get ‘The Algonquin Advantage’
Get Ready for a Special Experience!
Get Ready for a Special Experience
As one of Canada’s largest colleges, with more than 22,000 full-time students and over 175 programs, Algonquin College offers you an experience like no other.
Algonquin College is recognized internationally for its modern facilities, use of green technologies and the academic achievements of its students. As one of the top research colleges in Canada, our Applied Research and Innovation Centres work with various business leaders on research projects that provide solutions to industry or community partners. Get the Algonquin advantage!
Just some of the benefits of choosing Algonquin College:
- 85% graduate employment rate
- 90% of programs now mobile
- Entrepreneurship centre guides students who want to start their own business
- Applied Research and Innovation gives you the opportunity to work with real clients
We Are Here For You
The International Education Centre (IEC) is your support team. We help you adapt to your studies and life in Canada, as well as connect you with the college community and other students.
IEC Services include:
- Airport pickup services
- Accommodations (homestay and on-campus residence)
- Academic coaching
- Academic workshops and peer tutoring
- English-language support
- Health insurance
- Banking assistance
- International student orientation
- Social and cultural activities (special events)
- Visa and permit guidance
- Scholarships for International Students
- Postsecondary Program Scholarships
Your Next Steps
Take a look at our checklist:
- Receive your letter of acceptance from Algonquin
- Ensure your passport is up to date
- Apply for necessary study permit/immigration documents
- Pay your fees
- Research accommodation options (apply for residence, homestay, off-campus housing)
- Review dates on Academic Calendar
- Book travel plans
- Review the International Education Centre (IEC) website
- Review Health Insurance information
- Complete online pre-arrival course
Get more information – about what to do before and after you arrive.
Now pack your bags!